715-877-3334 | Mon 9-4, Tues 9–6, Wed 9-7, Thurs 9-6, Fri 9–4, Sat 9– 12, Sun Closed

About Us

Fall Creek Public Library’s tradition of providing resources, events, and promoting community involvement has enriched the Village of Fall Creek for more than 60 years. Our location in downtown Fall Creek is open six days a week.

Our mission is to serve community residents of all ages by providing materials and services that meet their educational, recreational, and informational needs.

Fall Creek Public Library is part of the IFLS Library System, a cooperative network of over 53 public libraries, and 4 county libraries. The System offers a shared online catalog, delivery of books and media, and reciprocal borrowing privileges among libraries.

Fall Creek Public Library at a Glance

In 2023, Fall Creek Public Library…

  • Circulated 24,184 library books and media
  • Engaged 1,858 children and adults at 81 library classes and events
  • Partnered with over 20 local organizations to serve the community wherever we were needed.
  • Facilitated public computer & internet use 2,500+ times.

A History of the Fall Creek Public Library From 1954 to Present

By Harold Page

The Village Board met in the new Village Hall chambers for the first time on January 5, 1915 located on the corner of State Street and Grant Avenue. Then Mayor Julius Otto Ziemann broke out the best cigars to celebrate the occasion with the Village Council. The lower level of the building housed the fire department and the Village council met in the upper portion where they did business for the village until 1954 when they moved to the lower level of the brick building.

During the year of 1954 the upper level was converted to accommodate a new library. The Reverend Fritzmeier, who was a collector of books, donated 1000 books for the new library as noted in the Village Council minutes of their meeting on June 7, 1955.

Reverend Fritzmeir donated $200.00 to purchase additional books for the new library. The first Library board members were Lois Muenchow, Jim Smith, Kathy Korolewski, Doris Kunz and Mrs. Harvey Green. The board members went to Eau Claire to buy books to stock the new library with books of interest. Jim Smith picked out the kids books and the lady members bought the adult books.

Mrs. Harvey Green volunteered many hours to catalog the books, pasting in book pockets for the due date slips, and repairing the books where necessary. The efforts by many volunteers were necessary to officially have a functioning library by 1956. The library continued to reside in the old brick Village Hall until 1991. The Village Council purchased the Keller Furniture Store located on Lincoln Avenue in downtown Fall Creek for use as the new Village Hall in 1990.

Cheryl Zimmerman was the librarian at the time and with help from Pat & Len Madsen along with David Kaiser and others the library was moved from the old Village Hall into the new Village Hall location on Lincoln Avenue in 1991 and it is presently located there today.